Sunday, May 12, 2013

Beer roasted chicken

Beer roasted chicken


I was a really fastidious child. 
Eating was the worst time during my days - I still remember how painful it was to have a slice of bread with lots of butter and cheese for breakfast and how long it took me to eat it. But I just had to eat it if I wanted to go to the beach after that. 
Lunches were even worse - all the soups and stews, especially during trhe summer months made my life really hard.
And there was only one meal which I was craving for. The beer roasted chicken was the most official dish in my menu and all the days we had beer roasted chicken (not more than two or three times a year) were like feast for me. I still remember the smell which filled the kitchen and how unpatient I was during the roasting time. This chicken had moist and juicy inside and crisp skin. This is the simple and easy recipe of my mother.

Ingredients:
  • 1 (3 pound) whole chicken  
  • 1 small bottle beer of your choice (wheat beer works best according to me)
  • 4 Tbsp (50 g) butter
  • salt and red pepper to taste
Roasted chicken @ beerPreparation:
Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Rinse chicken, pat dry and rub the skin with salt and red pepper. Put 2 Tbsp butter and some salt and red pepper in the chicken's cavity and rub the remaining butter onto the skin. Put beer into a roasting pan and add the chicken breast side down. Roast uncovered for an hour and a half, basting occasionally with the juices.
Remove from the oven, cover with aluminium foil and let rest for 15 minutes. 
Carve and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment