Friday, May 11, 2012

Asparagus with Feta cheese: green for my eyes and soul

I love asparagus. It fills my eyes with green and makes me feel spring with all my senses. And this is one of my favorite asparagus dishes, proper for the light diet-intended evenings. With a glas of white wine. Or two. Or... it's up to you.





Ingredients:
  • 1 bunch asparagus, about 25 sprigs
  • 50 g butter
  • 2 garlic cloves, sliced
  • 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 200 g Feta cheese, crumbled
Preparation:
Cut the tough ends of the asparagus. Bring 3 cups of water and the salt to boil in a pot and put asparagus into a boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove asparagus and put into a ice bath to keep its color bright green. Take out of th water, drain thoroughly and arrange on a plate. Heat butter into a pan for 1-2 minutes and pour over the asparagus. Top with the crumbled Feta and garlic. Sprinkle with some black pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment