Monday, June 18, 2012

Trout and blue cheese spaghetti

I had some trouts on hand recently. Well, I don't really like trout, in my opinion it hasn't own taste and it needs something with stronger aroma. So I started searching for the perfect ingredient which would meet trout in such a perfect way that it will change my whole opinion to this fish. Blue cheese as an idea found here seemed to be a good candidate. Its crumbly texture and stronger flavor meets perfectly the plain taste and soft texture of the trout. What else? Spaghetti, fresh lemon juice, some canned tomatoes and, of course, hot peppers. I had whole fishes with the skin on, next time I will try it with skin fillets and I suppose, it would be even better. But even so it had unique unbeatable taste. Fresh, flavorful and surprising blend. 








Ingredients for 2 servings:
  • 4 skinless trout fillets, about 600g
  • 200 g canned tomatoes
  • 200 g blue cheese
  • 4 hot peppers, deseeded and chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 3 Tbsp light olive oil
  • 1 lemon, squeezed
  • salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Preparation:
Prepare the hot-infused hot pepper oil. Heat olive oil into a pan and add garlic and hot peppers. Stir and roast for 3-4 minutes. Set aside and let the oil cool at room temperature. It will absorb the taste of garlic and chilly. Cut trout into bite size pieces. Pour the cooled oil over the fish through a strainer and discard the parts of garlic and hot peppers. Turn fish pieces to cover them good with the oil. Add salt and pepper and put into refrigerator overnight or at least for 2-3 hours. Take out of the refrigerator and add the fresh lemon juice. Cook the tomatoes for 5 minutes with some salt and pour the hot sauce over the raw trout fillets. Cook spaghetti al dente, strain and serve in bowls. Add some trouts with tomato sauce above, crumble the blue cheese and add to the mixture.

2 comments:

  1. Blue cheese and fish are two things I've never thought of putting together. Beautiful photos by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Justin. I suppose trout would taste good also with goat cheese, this is the next match I like to try...

      Delete